Thursday, December 15, 2016

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - December 2016

This Garden Bloggers Bloom Day finds me trussed up like a Christmas goose in front of the fireplace. I sit here with great anticipation. No, not about Santa's arrival but about the blooms and buds that the indoor garden is giving me this time of year. 
Not that there is much going on outside in my zone 6 garden that is frozen over but inside. A few of the plants that I brought inside this fall are giving me some buds and blooms. 
The limey begonia is starting to put up some buds that will soon turn into the sweet little polka dotted blooms I like so much.
You can see here that one is about to open as other buds  are peeking up through the leaves.
My most famous performer in December is this Orchid that begins blooming almost as soon as I bring it inside. It is so thankful to be inside it sends up some blooms to thank me for bringing it in. These blooms normally last through winter and I am indeed thankful for them. 
Yes, I know this isn't exactly a bloom is it?? It is a small lemon on my little Lemon tree. I just had to throw it in for a little excitement. It is another thing I am looking forward to with great anticipation.

When you get a little down time and need some quiet lovely blooms to soothe your busy nerves of the season, pop over to Carol's blog for more blooms of the month.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Bloom Day! I have a few things blooming inside, too, but taking a break from GBBD during the holidays. I loved your opening sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a "Gardeney" new year.

      Delete
  2. Having a frozen garden it must be lovely to have green leaves indoors and blooms to watch for. I do remember that orchid of yours is generous with its blooms too. Oh dear, you are trussed up there! Hope its temporary and you've not been seriously injured. Happy indoor garden watching :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not seriously injured. It is just a big annoyance. Hope you and yours have a great holiday.

      Delete
  3. It IS really nice to see blooms and green in the winter. One of my friends has a Christmas cactus that is just blooming like crazy. You can hardly see the green of the plant for all the beautiful red blooms. She's threatening to give us all a piece of it; I have a "black" thumb (and a cat). It won't last long at my house. I can't even keep an air plant alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those big old Chrismas Cacti. They are so cheerful.

      Delete
  4. I have a couple of Geraniums I am trying to keep alive. I think they don't have the energy to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are surrounded by life in bloom ~ lovely and love the first photo of the holiday ~ thanks,

    Wishing a Very Merry Christmas ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting to have grown your own lemon inside! Nice begonia, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to have your very own lemon! Not much blooming here--I brought some begonias in, but they didn't get any further than the garage, and I think they got too cold:( I hope you and DB had a wonderful Christmas, and sending wishes for a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...