Sunday, May 19, 2019

Circle Trellis and Around the Garden

On Mother's Day I was delighted when Annie gave me a Circle Trellis to be used by our newest gate. 
 She is such a sweet girl. My Dearly Beloved got it set into place for me.
I think it makes the gate stand out even more. After that holly on the right gets finished blooming I will give it a good cut back and it will all be even more visible from this side.
I got the rose, Golden Showers,  tied up right away and as you can see it has started blooming. 
This is from a rose that died to the ground this winter.
I think it is an amazing come back. A few more buds to come too.
This rose doesn't have a fragrance but the double mock orange right next to it makes enough fragrance for both of them. It is also beginning to bloom.
Down the path toward the Forgotten Corner the huge Viburnum dentatum ‘Arrowood' is blooming up a storm too. It is making a natural arch right beside the cattle panel arch. These blooms are beginning to fade making what looks like tiny snow flakes on the moss.
Just off the patio where the path splits the Honeysuckle standard is blooming it's head off. 
At times like this I wish this was right outside of the patio doors so I could see it more often during times like this.  It seems that I want everything right outside the patio doors. We know that won't happen.  I will have to give the standard a hair cut after it blooms. It really set a lot of blooms with all the rain this spring.
 Another plant that has done it's best this spring is the Variegated Weigela. 
Do you have a plant or two that is performing it's best this spring?



23 comments:

  1. Yes, that gate is perfect, and the arch of the Viburnum is lovely. Your plant combinations at the end are really nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, the gate and its new trellis are beautiful. I already love the yellow rose you're training to climb it. Annie is VERY generous! My cat completely ignored me on Mother's Day, as she does every day, except when I'm late in feeding or brushing her.

    Your entire garden is looking great. Spring may have been delayed in your part of the country but the garden's making up for lost time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris, It seems that summer is going to descend upon us this week with temps in the upper 80's. Loved this slow moving spring this year.
      That naughty cat. She should appreciate her Momma.

      Delete
  3. Sweet doggie and lovely gate for your wonderful garden ~ Great photos!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gate arrangement is lovely. Our camellias have been star performers this year so far and I could see them from the patio windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Sue, I want to see everything from the patio doors. Yet it isn't quite possible. Probably a good thing or I wouldn't ever go outside. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh Lisa I love the gate. It makes one feel as if they have entered a secret garden - Your flowers and especially the rose are beautiful. My mom has a mock orange bush. It is so pretty when it blooms and does smell so good. So enjoyed my visit. Have a grand week and enjoy those garden days! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the gate Debbie. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Your new trellis is beautiful. The gate is very cool as well. My favorite though is Annie! I love her ears and the black and white patterns on her face, as if she was painted by an artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie is my favorite too HB. She is getting that gray face. I don't know for sure how old she is but that gray tells me she is aging. Her face was all black when we first got her. She would appreciate your kind words about her graying. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your new trellis and gate!
    Right now everything looks happy outside. and I'm happy when I'm out there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very happy time of year Linda. Buffalo gnats are trying to take the happy out of it though. I will be happy when they all die off.

      Delete
  8. Back to give you and your doggie a hug and to visit your delightful garden ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new circle trellis really makes the gorgeous gate pop. What a sweet gift. Lots of beautiful blooms in your garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the trellis and the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More hugs to your sweet doggie and enjoying the lovely garden ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mooi al die rozen en die combinatie van de bonte weigelia en dat rode blad er voor.
    Gr Jan(Wilde een Tuin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, I am glad you like my roses and the weigelia combination. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  13. Hope you are enjoying your lovely garden and sweet doggie on this holiday weekend ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Memorial Day ~ sun is out here and turned cooler ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...