Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Book Meme

Sherry over at Q's Corner tagged me with the Book Meme that is going around. I really like this meme because, first of all I am nosy and I like to see what people are reading. Secondly I think I could get some good ideas about different books to read. While I sit here at the computer I have a whole set of bookcases I can turn my chair to and choose a book. This book jumped out at me becasue I just wrote an email to my Sister to ask if she would mind to have Easter Dinner this year as I usually do this but circumstances are not what they usually are. My dear Sister has graciously agreed to have the dinner so I am so happy about this. Anyway... here is the meme...



1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.



"Then in winter it would be alright again. But, no, I never longed to be a ballerina. I liked my classes but never liked the competition."



I especially like the last sentence. It describes me quite well. I do like to try different things but I don't like competition. I don't have much of a competitive bone in my body.



Now the last part of the meme I am not going to do. If you like the sounds of this meme I hope that you will do it and let me know. I would really like to see what you are reading.



Nosy Nellie... ooops, I mean Lisa.

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, sounds interesting. I will do one on my post tomorrow. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beckie, Happy Easter to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just moved all the bookcases to another room, and picked up all the ones laying around! Ah, ha! I walked out of my "studio" and encountered Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaiden's tale". I think I will pass on the meme, page 123 is where the chapter on childbirth is.....
    regards,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa....I did mine today to. Nice to see your reading matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa & Cheryl, I will pop over and see what you are reading. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this meme. I might have to play when we get our schoolwork done today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I like the meme so I posted it this morning! It was fun. Thanks for the idea!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nosy :o)

    Right now I have 4 books on my nightstand - all of them partially read - and have been that way for almost two years. I just can't hold my eyes open before bedtime. It's the only time I have to read!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lisa,
    Thanks for playing!
    I love seeing what people are reading too.!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...