Sunday, March 2, 2008

Potting Bench Situation

After a major pick up clean up behind the yews that are coming out I had my Dearly Beloved help me move the potting bench to its new location. I decided to situate it at the end of the barn. Here it won't be in the way. I keep the potting soil and other pots in this barn anyway so the only inconvience I can forsee is that the hose is up by the house. I will just have to keep a watering can out to have my water available. If it is like last summer I had the hose out all the time anyway. If I am planting big pots I usually place the pots where they will be sitting before watering anyway. This way I find they aren't so difficult to move around. Now don't mind all the junk around it. It is much better than it was. I got 3 bags of trash out of the original corner. Part of an old grill, lots of broken pots I had kept for shards at the bottom of pots. Give me a break. How many do you really need? What was I thinking?? I can't even blame DB or Luna for this mess. Where are my Grandchildren when I need them??

All of this will hardly be noticable when the viburnum leafs out later this spring. I will have to move a couple of Hellebores out of traffic but other than that I think I will be satisfied with this arrangement.


After I pulled a 5-gallong bucket of hen bit from around the apple tree I made myself another mug of tea and sat out on the bench we set out today. Aaaaahhh I felt like the Cheshire Cat all fat and sassy sitting in the sun admiring my work. It was a little chillier today. I am not complaining though. It was nice enough to be out. Everything looks pretty stark yet. It won't be long now. I can see sunlight at the end of the tunnel.

21 comments:

  1. Good job done Lisa and it looks such a pretty barn, I love it. Another week or two will be posting re:Mason bees, so hope that will be of help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we should have even better weather today. The weather lady even cautioned us to wear sunscreen, even though it will still be in the 50's. I can hear the birds singing now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 50's! Awesome!

    I LOVE your potting bench!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your purple shed. It looks great. My potting bench (an old cabinet) is in the garage. When we had chickens last summer, two hens decided to roost in the garden and well, they pooped on my potting bench. I have to clean it soon. Yuck.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the purple shed too! and the potting bench!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it lovely to be getting back to doing things again? It's really warm here at the moment, and i have to keep telling myself that there's no way it's going to last and i mustn't rush things. But it's hard ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a nice shed and I envy you for the potting bench (which I do not have)!! you were quite busy, Lisa! Well done! If you have any spare time left, please come over to me ;-)....there is also still a lot of work to do!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And... the sun!!! It is great to see the sun not just snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That should be very helpful for you in a few weeks when you start planting.

    It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shed looks like a natural place for your potting bench. That purple color really livens up your barn, especially with the contrasting yellow window frame. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute and whimsical it looks! I like your shed.

    We were out most of the afternoon soaking up the sun. It was a beautiful day, but now I'm behind in looking at all of these blogs I'm addicted to - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all the positive feedback gang. It was fun being outside. Even better today. It was almost too warm. Ha... I won't get to overdo. It is supposed to rain and turn to snow the next few days. Wasn't this just great weather!! A preview of what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Lisa,
    You did lots of work! I think it is important to sit back and admire our work as often as we can!
    Still too wet here to do anything!
    Hope you can sit in a warm bubble bath too!
    Enjoy your spring cleaning. I am looking forward to cleaning my flower beds.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, Ms Chesire Cat! I can see you happily looking out over your domain, sipping tea with pinky up, of course. ;->

    Frances at Faire Garden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doesn't it feel good to be back working outside, even if it is "work?"
    The green will come back in a flash--happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The potting bench is a great idea and I probably would be doing the big pots in place also!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that barn, Lisa!!!! I understand about the convenience of a garden hose :o)

    You have done much more work than I have, although my pond takes a bit of work - almost daily. I just started weeding and clean-up.

    I, too, feel the end of winter approaching. We've been enjoyin mid-sixties but plunge to high 20's overnight.

    Hey, Spring Forwards soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa, just think, a week ago we were in an icy winter wonderland!
    I really think you will love the potting bench by the shed. So many fewer steps to make.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love that barn! It looks so quanit and cozy. Best of all, it looks spring will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I like the idea of sitting on a bench with a cuppa.

    The barn looks lovely. I like the window. The potting bench is in a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your barn, so lovely a color!
    PS i should clean up my stuff, just like you did. I guess I would have to throw away a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...