Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wreath Made of Pots

What with containers being the focus on Gardening Gone Wild and Pam at Digging writing about her beautiful sentimental wreath I thought I would post about the wreath I made last winter. It sort of hits on both topics. As you can see I had quite a collection of pots to use. This isn't an original idea. I saw something like it in a magazine last winter. I did put my own touches to it. I used what pots I had on hand. A wire wreath form and copper wire to wire the pots to form the wreath. The most time consuming part was painting all the pots. Whew, I didn't know if I was going to have the" stick to it"to do this or not. Yep, I made it through and I am glad I did. It is now hanging on the back of the house by the patio. It helps to liven up the space with the primary colors.
You can make one yourself while you are waiting for the snow to melt. You could even paint it colors to match your patio or where ever you plan to hang it. I also put some white lights on it to use it as a night light for while we are sitting on the patio. How is this for inspiration?? This ought to keep you busy this weekend while I am away. I am going to theIndianapolis Flower and Patio show. I'll let you know what I think of it when I return. Now if you want to see something different I have started a blog to post my Artsy Endeavors on. You can have a look at it here. Have a great weekend gang.

19 comments:

  1. What a nice way to bring some color to your garden during the winter time. Somehow I think my Great Dane Would love to play with it....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative Lisa! Your talent seems to have no end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa. the wreath is great. Lots of Illinois colors...orange and blue. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, that is a wonderful idea, most of my great original creations are inspired by magazine articles also. Imitation and flattery, something along those lines. I bet when illuminated that is postively enchanting. I do have some tiny pots in the shed, too small for planting, hmmm. Do tell us about the flower show, we aren't going to any and will have to enjoy them vicariously.

    Frances at Faire Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I love the idea of the pot wreath! A great conversation piece for the garden!!I'll try one!
    I love the color of your barn in the last post!! Great chice of color!!I'm sure the fairies are pleased!!

    Thank you for stopping by my Arizona road trip post..I have much to show in the coming weeks!!
    hugs aNNa xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever, Lisa! I'm going to have to try one too--I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I'm excited now...it'll be a fun thing to put on the greenhouse door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fun, festive wreath, and a good way to have some color during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an unusual and wacky idea, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great idea! That would sure brighten up a dull spot, especially during the winter months.

    Did I see somewhere that you were planning to attend the Indy Flower and Patio show this weekend? If the weather cooperates I plan to be there tomorrow. When were you going?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Maybe I will try it, I've got tons of pots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool and I love that the Wreath is welcoming all plant to grow strong in your garden! Well maybe it doesn't say that but you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your wreath. Very creative!

    I'll be interested to hear your review of the Flower and Patio Show. I'm listening to WIBC right now, broadcasting from the show. I haven't decided whether or not to go. Trying to talk Carol into going with me.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sitting here listening to radio hearing about the massive quantities of snow that were dumped just south of us. I hope you're traveling safely and not stuck in the snow someplace
    :-( ....

    Kinda worrried.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a grand endeavour! I love this: the colours and the uniqueness. Great that you stuck to it. Enjoy!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun at the show, Lisa! I like your pot wreath. It's festive looking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Lisa,
    I came to check on you after seeing how much snow came through. None here to speak of. Hope you were able to get to the show without any trouble.
    Fun pot wreath.
    Hope all is well and you had fun!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is super cute and super fun.
    cheers
    irena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa, that is so cute. I love the primary colors. Good for you for sticking with it. I don't know if I could have.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...