Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - March 2017

It is just that time of  year. I woke to a snowy surprise this morning. I knew it was going to get cold, like it 'felt like' 5 this morning, but I didn't realize we were to get a dash of snow. Enough to make things looks a little saggy.


As you can see the main bloomers are all snugged into the snow.
It didn't take long for the sun to melt the snow and warm up the atmosphere.
The hyacinths weren't too impressed. 
And these narcissus weren't too happy. 
The white crocus were just about coaxed into blooming. 
Right around the corner the spirea was all abloom as it ever is. It sits under the Magnolia tree where it doesn't get enough sunshine but it takes advantage of all it does get. The poor Magnolia didn't get to bloom this year. I won't show you the carnage. It is too depressing.
The windflowers and some of the Hellebores are also protected.
As we stroll by the patio doors you can see that inside there is a bloom or two. The Lime Begonia is still blooming although not as profusely. The tiny azaleas that were a gift to me are still abloom. One isn't too happy but it has color.  
Speaking of indoors...this bromeliad is blooming!  It's a new plant for me. I have only had it since this February. It looked awfully dry when I bought it. I gave it a good drink of rain water.
It repaid me with several of these beautiful white blooms. It's name is Absolute Zero but she is a perfect 10 to me.
What do  you have blooming today? Please do tell and join everyone over at May Dreams Garden  where Carol encourages everyone to share their blooms on the 15th of each month.

29 comments:

  1. Awww, poor babies outside. Lucky you that all the snow melted! Ours is still sticking around for a few days, and the Daffodils look very sad. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your area thaws out soon and stays that way. Happy GBBD.

      Delete
  2. Pretty spring flowers. I like your garden and your blog is beautiful. Greetings from Galicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It looks like you live in a very beautiful part of the world. Do you have a garden?

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, snow. Love your mini greenhouse window and that great bromeliad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as bad as at your house but I didn't like it none the less. I do like my new brom.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry your pretty flowers got snowed on...at least it wasn't too much.

    That stripey bromeliad is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad your snow melted Lisa so you can enjoy those pretty blooms. This winter certainly has been unpredictable with terrible weather. Hopefully March will go out "like a lamb" and spring will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly hoping that March quietly exits and lets the best of spring happen.

      Delete
  6. That's a stunning bromeliad. And your flowers in the snow are very pretty too. Pam/Digging: penick.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I couldn't resist this brom when I saw it. I agree it is cool.

      Delete
  7. Glad your snow melted Lisa. Now let's hope you can enjoy a pleasant spring :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pink hyacinths! My hyacinths haven't started blooming yet; maybe when this latest cold spell is finished, they will finally get brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, My latest hyacinths are just coming up. These pink ones have been in the ground for some years. They are in a somewhat protected place. I hope this cold goes away for some time now. At least until September. Happy St Patricks Day.

      Delete
  9. We had snow a couple of weeks ago, but it melted pretty quickly too. I had a Bromeliad like yours, but I let it get too dry and it died. I didn't realize the flower was so interesting. Kudos on getting it to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! We had a similar experience, but better because the daffodils aren't anywhere near blooming yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our daffs have been out way too long. They are a mess now.

      Delete
  11. Late snow and frost are so frustrating. We're heading into a cold patch again this week with temperatures likely below zero. Just when everything is putting out tender young shoots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I hate that when it happens. Good luck. I hope not all is frozen off.

      Delete
  12. Lovely floral macro shots surrounded by snow ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Lovely Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor plants! We are just seeing a dip in temperatures here in the mIdlands- just as everything is starting to flower and little green shoots are showing on all the shrubs. We had hail, sleet and snow here today, after a relatively mild period. I feel sorry for the plants,and also the birds who are making nests now- and the frozen frogspawn in the pond. Hopefully it can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be as long as it has been and all will be warm and growing.

      Delete
  14. You have amazingly brave flowers! All I have is a few buds outside, and an unexpected amaryllis inside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the 'before' and 'after' pictures of the snow - those poor flowers looked so sad and cold ! Thank goodness the sun came out and melted it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We had the same snow on the 15th, but not as many blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, your blooms are BEAUTIFUL! It makes me really wish I had a green thumb. The blooms with the snow on them are really wonderful. They looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...