Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wood Spirits Train Garden

I was reading in a garden magazine about a well made train garden. The pictures made me long for my own train garden. I have wanted one for some time. I have put off building one due to the fact that you have to run electric and in my area I would have to take up the tracks every winter, store and them. Early spring I would have to fix the heaving of the railway beds and reinstall the train. Not that I am lazy or anything like that but that part of train gardening has put me off.
I had this area that is sort of raised and it needed some attention to say the least. My mind got into that creative state.  I could build me a little train area here. What to do about the train part?? I remembered that back in the 80's I got a wild hair and collected a what amounts to a colony of Wood Spirits carved by Tom Clark. Each Wood Spirit had a name and story, all of which are well done. I haven't had a place to display them  in the house so they were in the attic collecting dust. There was a train in that collection. YES!!
Here they are. All of these figures  have names, stories and jobs on the train. All I have to do now is to add some more plants.
So I have more plants in there now, more Wood Spirits for the train people to visit. There will be more tweaking, planting, thought and growing over summer to get it where I will be satisfied with this little world.
Of course I will have plenty of help with ideas. Between the Wood Spirits, Garden fairies and Garden Helpers it should come around.

7 comments:

  1. That is really cool! I can[' wait to see what it is like when the plants settle in and mature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. I can hardly wait for the plants to grow some so you can easily see them.

      Delete
  2. Very fun! I'm sure it will attract lots of Garden Helpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am a bit inspired to keep on with this sort of thing since my Garden Helper likes them so much.

      Delete
  3. I love it! Isn't it awesome when you get in that creative frame of mind? It appears your instincts and talent led you in the right direction. Are you a train enthusiast? I've always had a thing about trains, too. I can't explain it, and I don't have any collections, but there's just something about them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much more fun and so much easier in a garden where we have to deal with winter. Plus isn't it great to realize you already own the items you need for the project! What a lovely looking garden fairy (helper?) you have.

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...