Monday, January 21, 2019

Snow Time

Don't let that sunshine deceive you. It is cold out there. Ten degrees F and they say it won't warm up much the next few days so we can enjoy our snow. When this snow came it blew so hard it didn't pile up on plants too bad.
I thought it was sort of odd that this branch right outside the dining room window had some snow on it. It sits right beside the house protected and the rest of the tree branches didn't have any snow on them. 
The snow isn't going anyplace soon. In the photo below on the left side behind the weeping spruce you can see a large barn type building emerging from the landscape. It is in our neighbors yard. We are wondering what they are going to do with such a large barn. It is larger than the houses around it. I hope the workers aren't forced to get out in this weather to finish it. I can't imagine having to get out in this weather for work. Although we do walk Annie daily it isn't like having to be out there working. 
I hope you are all warm and well. Possibly even snowed in for a day or two.
Have a great week no matter what.

12 comments:

  1. Yikes! You are right; that building is huge. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wintry photos ~ yes it is cold ~ brrrrrrrr! ~ We have more ice than snow ~ tis winter ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty especially with the blue sky but I'm hoping we don't get any soon although there is a chance of it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snow is very pretty! Bright sun here and barely in the 30's. We had several days of cold, blowing rain. I think our rain just blew up north to you and turned to snow! Happy winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snow but I'm glad it's in your garden. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow does make a lovely landscape but, at those temperatures I'd be shivering so hard my eyesight would be blurred, Lisa. Enjoy your snow days!

    P.S. I hope that barn is large because your neighbors are going to be raising horses or something on that order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lisa - your photos are beautiful. Looks like you and I both got caught in this passing storm. We are warming up a bit tomorrow and by Weds. will see close to 40 degrees. Unbelievable because it will be a low of 2 tonight. Keep warm friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, if cold. I feel your shivering--similar weather here. We are getting more snow tomorrow, although it's supposed to be warmer...before it gets cold again. I'd complain, but the winter has been rather mild until now. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, your 10 F is our -12 C, but today we had -16 C with wind. My greenhouse is covered with snow all over!
    Take care, dress warmly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are staying cozy, safe and warm ~ ^_^

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty images Lisa.
    There is something quite magical about pure white snow.

    That is a very large structure. I am now wondering what they will use it for.

    The weather here is cold and frosty most mornings.
    It is not inviting :)

    Hope you are well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, we've got snow here as well. It's supposed to get brutally cold in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...