Sunday, July 13, 2008

Out of the Garden

Yes, it was a beautiful morning. We stood vigil at Goose Pond, a wildlife preserve about 45 miles from our house. We got there before sunrise. What would get me out this early? A report of a White Ibis that had been sighted there. The sky was a shade of red. Later the storms the sky warned of did pass through However we did enjoy the sunrise. It sneaked up over the horizon as we were scanning for any birds coming or going.
The Great Blue Heron, the little speck in this sky, doesn't ever disappoint you. They come and go through the morning sky. No one was complaining about the morning sky.

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous photo and I could see the heron when I enlarged the last one! That was so nice to see!


    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Lisa, like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos, Lisa! Makes me want to get up earlier in the morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful time of the day isn't it?! Such gorgeous colors in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures lisa. They look like paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the colors are beautiful. I bet the photos don't capture what it was like to be there in person, soaking it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sunrise photos and this ones are great photos Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, Lisa. Someday I'm going to have to do something wild and crazy like watch the sun rise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Pictures sunrises are always so stunning!

    ReplyDelete

New Blogger, Old Blogger

     All I can say it is difficult to deal with change. This new Blogger format is not as user friendly in my opinion. I guess I will get us...