Ever since we changed our front sidewalk I have had this huge pile of concrete. I think the contractor thought I had lost my mind when I told him I wanted all that concrete. What he didn't know is that my mind was lost long ago. I didn't want the concrete to just go into the landfill for no reason. I had a plan.
You see, I have this path that runs up the West side of my garden. It is pea gravel and pea gravel likes to migrate when it gets squished with continual tromping. This is before. You can hardly see the path. As we were having a cool spell I decided to implement my plan.
My DB came out to help. He sorted the pieces and removed the heavy reinforcing wire that was sticking out of some of the pieces.
I pulled up the rotting timbers that did line the path, dug a small trench and set the stones. I also had to pull/dig out plants that had crept into the path.
Here you can see that we got this portion finished.I like having a bit wider path. Mostly that was accomplished by taking out the encroaching plants. It feels all neat and tidy. Of course those plants will recover and I will have to stay after them to keep them out of the pathway.
The pile shrunk. I have more places I can use this. I (we) were worn out with it now. I will go at it again sometime.
This is a view of the path as it starts from the patio. You walk to the little intersection and turn left.
This is how it looks walking from the patio to the path.
As an aside along the path I made a little seat under the Japanese Maple with some of the larger pieces. Here I can sit,
Watch and listen to the Wood Spirits while they are in concert.
A quiet little place yet lively.